Ph.D. Candidate / GTA
M.A. The Ohio State University (Germanic Languages and Literatures), 2016
B.A. The Ohio State University (German), 2013
B.A. The Ohio State University (Russian), 2013
At Ohio State, Columbus, OH
- Individualized Instruction – SU16-SP17
- German 1103.01 – 2015-16, SU15
- German 1102.01 – 2014-15
- German 1101.01 – 2013-14
- The films of Wim Wenders and Ozu Yasujirō.
- Relationships of German film to Japanese and Russian film.
- The influence of Zen on the West.
- Other topics concerning film, visuality, and visual culture.
Study Abroad Experience
- Dresden, Germany: Summer 2010
- Moscow, Russia: Summer 2012
- Dresden, Germany: Summer 2014
- Berlin, Germany: 2017-18
Conferences and Presentations:
“Der ‘Akt des Sehens’ in den Filmen von Wim Wenders und Ozu Yasujirō” Mori-Ōgai
Gedankstätte, Berlin, Feb. 2018.
“Blandness and ‘Just Seeing’ in the Films of Wim Wenders.” Conference “Change is Possible and Necessary: New Perspectives on Wim Wenders as a Filmmaker and Visual Critic,” University of Richmond, Feb. 2017.
“The Physical in the Documentary Drama of Peter Weiss.” Germanic Graduate Student Association Conference at Ohio State University, Feb. 2015.
2019 “Blandness and ‘Just Seeing’ in the Films of Wim Wenders.” (under review)
University Service at Ohio State:
2016–2017 President of the Germanic Graduate Student Association
2015–2016 Vice-President of the Germanic Graduate Student Association
2014–2015 Secretary of the Germanic Graduate Student Association
2013 – Graduate Teaching Associate, The Ohio State University, Columbus, OH
2014 Research Assistant, TU Dresden, Dresden, Germany