To all Ohio High School German Teachers!
Why not break up the winter doldrums by bringing your German students to the Ohio State University campus for a day of immersive German tours and language games? Let your students interact with our undergraduate German major and minor students and ask them questions about life, work and study at Ohio State. The new date for German day is Monday, February 27th, 2017. We can accommodate varying levels of instruction, so that your beginning and/or advanced students will be able to have a fun, challenging experience. If interested, please contact me (Kevin Richards) at email@example.com.
For those who are unable to attend but would still like to introduce their students to university life and learn about studying German and the opportunities it can open up for them, you can contact me and we can schedule a visit either in person or online via skype, adobe connect, etc.
The Date: Monday, February 27th, 2017
Time: 10:00 AM - 1:30 PM
The Place: The Ohio State University – Columbus, Ohio
Disciplines & Activities:
- Rundfahrt und Schnitzeljagd: Tour the Ohio State campus and compete for prizes.
- Zeichen der Zeit: Teams create a wall of words and images to describe their German experience.
- Theaterstücke: students construct and perform a short skit based on contemporary topics.
- Bildbeschreibung: Language ‘athletes’ describe an image to each other to see who can come closest to the original.
- Hallo Deutschland!: Students compete in teams with an all-new Jeopardy style trivia quiz.
- MultiCat Prüfung: Ready for college? Try your hand at our computer adaptive placement test.