In 2022, the Department of Germanic Languages and Literatures at The Ohio State University will continue its initiative for German Studies involving all faculty at colleges and universities throughout the state. The Ohio German Studies Workshop (OGSW) is designed as a forum for Ohio German Studies and an opportunity for colleagues across the state to become better acquainted with each other, with the research that is being conducted in German Studies, and with the issues that we all face as German scholars in higher education institutions in the twenty-first century. This year, we meet for the 8th time!
* the previous years' Programs are below ...
Blackwell Inn, Pfahl Conference Center, Room 202
2110 Tuttle Park Place, View on map
Note: please use the Valet Service upon arriving in order for the Parking Voucher, available inside at the OGSW registration table, to be valid.
Previous OGSW Programs
Forum: October 24, 2020
"Teaching in Times of Multiple Crises"
• Elizabeth Hamilton (Oberlin): Liberal arts language departments right now: administrative and faculty perspectives
• Evan Torner (UC): Challenges and opportunities in the UC German undergraduate program
• Kristie Foell (BGSU): German education in the age of coronavirus: online teaching and study abroad. Topical focus: the wave of restructurings and firings of faculty resulting from the pandemic and how we can take a proactive approach
• Cynthia Porter (Denison U): Addressing racial injustice in the German classroom
• Margaretmary Daley (Case Western): Zoom in small enrollment courses
Forum: September 28, 2019
Forum: October 20, 2018
Forum: October 22, 2016
Forum: November 14, 2015
Forum: October 11, 2014