1) Instructors (including Faculty, Associated Faculty, and Graduate Students) should place their own textbook orders on-line. According to the Higher Education Opportunity Act (HEOA), deadlines for ordering textbooks are:
for Summer: by April 1
for Autumn: by April 1
for Spring: by October 1
2) In practice, if teaching assignments for individual instructors are not confirmed by the established deadlines, instructors should submit as soon as possible following receipt of a confirmed assignment. GTA exception: the book order for sections of German 1101.01, 1102.01, 1266 and 1103.01 will be submitted by the Academic Program Coordinator.
3) The Department of Germanic Languages and Literatures does not endorse a particular bookstore. Orders may be placed through Barnes & Noble - The Ohio State University Bookstore.
The on-line service, FacultyEnlight, is the preferred method for ordering textbooks through Barnes & Noble The Ohio State University Bookstore. FacultyEnlight provides access to all required information the bookstore needs to fulfill orders conveniently in one location. It also stores individual faculty and book ordering information for quick and easy ordering in the future. FacultyEnlight Quick Start Guide
Assistance: Please direct textbook order questions and questions regarding desk copies to Brad Clucus, Textbook Manager, via e-mail (TM218@bncollege.com) or by phone at 247-2220.
4) Instructors using a course pack along with class texts should include a note on the official book order stating that in addition to class texts supplemental materials will be made available. The instructor should contact students directly via e-mail at the earliest opportunity to inform them of the availability of the course pack. Instructors using ONLY a course pack should submit the book order form indicating "no text," and contact students directly via e-mail as soon as possible to indicate availability through UniPrint or other provider of the instructor’s choosing. A "no text" entry will prevent the course from appearing on the bookstore’s list of non-responsive sections.
5) Once you have ordered your books, please email a copy of your order to Natascha so that she can update the Course webpage.