For members of the Department
updated September 15, 2020
Autumn Semester 2020
Aug 10-19 CLLC GTA Workshop for incoming graduate students
Aug 19 3:00 pm ZOOM meeting with our DGS, Prof. Reitter & Dr. Holub [ link tba ]
New and continuing graduate students are invited!
Aug 20 11:00-12:00 GTA meeting with Prof. Taleghani-Nikazm
Aug 21 11:00-12:00 GTA meeting with Prof. Taleghani-Nikazm
Aug 25 First day of autumn semester classes
Aug 31 11:00-12:00 DC meeting
Sep 7 Labor Day Holiday
Sep 14 11:00-12:00 GAC meeting
Sep 16 CANCELLED! --- Björn Köhnlein (Ohio State)
The linguistic structure of proper names: A case study on Dutch place names
Sep 21 11:00-12:00 UGSC meeting
Oct 5 11:00-12:00 DC meeting
Oct 5 3:30-4:30 Departmental meeting
Oct 6 CANCELLED! --- Nicholas Saul (Durham)
On Difficulty: Botho Strauß, Two Cultures, Literature and Evolutionism
Oct 12 11:00-12:00 GAC meeting
Oct 19 11:00-12:00 UGSC meeting
Oct 24 The OGSW will take place virtually this year via Zoom:
10:00-12:00 morning session:
“Teaching in Times of Multiple Crises”
Organizer: Gabriele Dillmann (Denison U)
2:00 - 4:00 afternoon session:
“Institutional Interventions and Impacts on Departments”
Organizer: Katra Byram (Ohio State)
Oct 26 *Faculty Course Requests are DUE to ~Natascha!
Nov 2 11:00-12:00 DC meeting
Nov 9 11:00-12:00 GAC meeting
Nov 11 Veteran's Day Holiday
Nov 16 11:00-12:00 UGSC meeting
Nov 25 Last Day of in-person instruction autumn semester
Nov 26-27 Thanksgiving Break
Dec 4 Last Day of autumn semester!
Finals Week is December 7-11
* reminder to GLL faculty: FAR due on January 15th! [PDF to Natascha]
Grade Posting Deadlines
Grades for graduating students are due no later than 48 hours after the end of the exam, except for finals administered on Wednesday, when grades for graduating students will be due no later than 24 hours after the end of the exam.
Spring Semester 2021
Classes will begin on our published start date (Jan. 11), but with several adjustments to the academic calendar:
- The first week of classes (Jan. 11-15) will be online so that members of the university community have ample time to quarantine prior to any in-person sessions.
- There will be no spring break. Instead, there will be two instructional breaks — on Tuesday, Feb. 9, and Wednesday, March 31 — where there will be no classes. .
- SP 21 classes will end April 21 with a reading day on April 22, and final exams will take place April 23-29.
- Commencement will take place May 9 in a format to be determined.
- Summer term classes will begin May 12.